Can Viruses Slip Through an SD Card with Slider Lock enabled?

Home Forums PC Building Hardware, and Budgeting Can Viruses Slip Through an SD Card with Slider Lock enabled?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey guys. New here. Does anyone know if there is a way for a virus to get into an SD card if it’s got the slider in the lock position? From what I figured I’ll just format it. The pictures are on my PC and scanner already picked up the virus but it’s showing the SD card has the same one too so might of been when I put the card into someone’s PC should of kept it locked when showing them the pics and copying to their PC. Any Suggestions?

ledgetechs
    Keymaster

Viruses cannot infect the card if it’s write protected, because this setting makes it read-only. Data transfer can only go one way like this, as the card would be functioning in an “R” format, rather than “R/W” (read/write.) Similar to an old floppy diskette actually, as they had a switch as well.

I think this is a DSLR you are talking about, so if that’s the case you could re-format the memory card to clear off any data that has been written since you last formatted it or started using it, and then re-copy your data back onto it using the backup copy, unless you plan on using another storage media as a backup solution instead

anothertechguyy
    Participant

This is a test reply

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.