Drop in SSD storage, trouble with File Explorer

Home Forums PC Building Hardware, and Budgeting Drop in SSD storage, trouble with File Explorer

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ledgetechs
    Keymaster

I asked this before but I’m having an issue with my file explorer. The storage on my drive is hopping up and down. I noticed for like a minute it was at 50 gigabytes, but now it’s at 40 gigabytes. I have not downloaded anything recently. So this confuses me. I have tried deleting multiple strange files and came out with nothing.

– aes0p

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have had an issue like this before, so it could be one of the three possibilities, or more. It obviously begs certain questions like are there hidden files? Readability issues with the ssd? But I’ll some it up as much as I can with the three reasons below. 

This first one may be unrelated but my ssd wasn’t showing simply because it was shot. Bad ssd from iBuy power. I don’t think it is this, but i’ll look more into it

Or it could be falsely advertised. Which happens on the occasion. Especially if it is from a lesser known brand. Of some sort. This usually happens with some companies that manufacture prebuilt computers and PC’s sometimes. 

It can also be system restore, which can use up 50% of the drive sometimes. In control panel go to system. System protection, than configure. Mine is at 4%, so you can see if that helps.

Hopefully this helps, 
    aes0p

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.